College of Islamic Studies
Telephone : 0-7333-1305
Fax : 0-7334-8726
Web : http://www.cis.psu.ac.th/
Vision:To be a leading tertiary education institute on Islamic Studies that helps to develop in a balanced manner, based on Al Islam norm, Thai Muslim society and local communities.
1. To function in the manner consistent with the University mission.
2. To produce graduates who possess the characteristics and capabilities desired by the College of Islamic Studies.
3. To be the center of education and research of Islamic science and Muslim society in Thailand.
4. To be the center of community service that promotes virtue and ethics in society and helps to create good understanding and develop Thai Muslim society and local communities in a balanced manner.
5. To preserve and impart artistic values and Muslim culture that are consistent with the Islamic principles.
6. To be an international institute in Islamic Studies within 2011.
General Information:Initially the University favored the policy of setting up an Islamic Studies department within the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Pattani Campus. A committee was set up to prepare a curriculum and the first program of study leading to a Bachelor Degree in Islamic Studies was approved in 1980. However, it was later decided to set up a faculty status unit to manage the Islamic Studies programs instead.
The College of Islamic Studies was formally established in 1989 to be the center of education and research in Islam and to provide academic services to society as well as to produce personnel in every disciplines of Islamic studies. At the present, the College of Islamic Studies consists of the Secretary Office, Academic and Community Service Office, and the Department of Islamic Studies.
The purpose of the establishment of the College of Islamic Studies at Pattani Campus Prince of Songkla University stemmed from the attempt to resolve the insurgency problem in the Southernmost provinces of Thailand which has been continuing for several decades. As a consequence of a special policy for the region formulated by the National Security Council and approved by the Cabinet, the National Economic and Social Development Committee had proposed in the fifth National Economic and Social Development Plan that an education center for the study of Islam be established at Pattani Campus Prince of Songkla University to provide education at all levels up to tertiary education level. It is hope that by initiating the study of Islam in the University, a better understanding of the multi-culture environment will prevail.
Internal Units of the College:
- The Secretary Office
- Academic and Community Service Office
- The Department of Islamic Studies
Programs of Study:Doctor of Philosophy Degrees:
- Doctor of Philosophy Program in Islamic Studies
- Master of Arts Program in Islamic Studies
- Master of Education Program in Islamic Educational Administration and Management
- Bachelor of Arts Program in Islamic Studies
- Bachelor of Arts Program in Islamic Law
- Bachelor of Arts Program in Islamic Economics and Management
- Bachelor of Arts Program in Middle East Studies
- Bachelor of Education Program in Islamic Education
- Bachelor of Arts Program in Islamic Studies (International Program)
- PSU as first university in the nation applying for patent through PCT
- About PSU
- Programs of Study
- Online Services
- Campus Services
- PSU Community Service Units
- International Affairs Office
- University Internal Organizations
- Maps and Directions
- Site Map