Faculty of Medicine
Vision:To be an excellent Faculty of Medicine of international repute.
1. Produce and develop high quality medical personnel who are morally and ethically sound.
2. Provide excellent health services of international standard.
3. Create research works, body of knowledge and innovation of high quality.
4. Integrate important missions, give social guidance and aim for international achievement.
The Faculty of Medicine was set up in order to mitigate the public health problems in southern Thailand and to solve medical personnel shortage problem. It was formally established in 1972 and enrolled the first batch of 35 medical students in 1973. Initially its temporary office was located in the Faculty of Engineering, the teaching was undertaken in the Faculty of Science and the practical clinical training was carried out in Hat Yai Hospital and Songkla Hospital. In March 1979, the first batch of 31 students was graduated.
Since the beginning, it has been envisaged that a large hospital be built on the campus to facilitate the teaching, research, training for medical personnel in various disciplines and for the provision of health-care to the general public. On August 26, 1976 the foundation stone of the hospital of the Faculty of Medicine was laid by His Majesty the King, and the name “ Songklanagarind Hospital” was later graciously bestowed upon it. The hospital was formally opened, in 1986. It is now capable of accommodating up to 635 in-patients.
The Faculty of Medicine consists of 13 departments, namely, Anesthesiology, Biomedical, Community Medicine, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedic Surgery and Physical Medicine, Otolaryngology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Radiology and Surgery.
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- PSU as first university in the nation applying for patent through PCT
- About PSU
- Hat Yai Campus
- Graduate School
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Natural Resources
- Faculty of Agro-Industry
- Faculty of Environmental Management
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Liberal Arts
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Traditional Thai Medicine
- Faculty of Medical Technology
- Prince of Songkla University International College (Establishment Project)
- Pattani Campus
- Phuket Campus
- Surat Thani Campus
- Trang Campus
- Hat Yai Campus
- Programs of Study
- Online Services
- Campus Services
- PSU Community Service Units
- International Affairs Office
- University Internal Organizations
- Maps and Directions
- Site Map